Sunday, March 11, 2007

Oh great...Now what did I do??

I was walking around another part of town and snapped this picture of a muslim temple.



After taking the picture, all these police officers started yelling and running up to me. 3, 4, then more. Maybe they thought I was a terrorist? They were blowing whistles and shouting to get away from the building. This scenario was looking like that Bangalore Palace incident from Saturday. Great -- now, what did I do wrong?? Then more police cars started flying up to block me. Uh-oh. These guys really take that picture thing seriously.

So I started to walk away....FAST -- Then a new problem -- Driver's gone, car's gone. hmmmm...not good.

I saw him 2 blocks away -- and he was being given a hard-time by the police. So I ran to the car and jumped in - and we took off.

Turns out -- the Chief Minister was coming through there - and the police were just clearing the area and yelling at us to get out quickly. And the driver was getting harrassed because he was trying to explain that he couldn't leave or else I wouldn't be able to find him. So no worries -- the situation just wasn't as it seemed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.

Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites